social studies

What have you learnt about this year in social studies?

• Physical regions in canada
  • Early Civilization – Mayans – History

What was your favourite project and why?

My favorite project was making the Mayan pyramid because it took a long time to make it.  

It was fun to build because I’m into engineering. I’m interested in how structures are built. In addition, I like ancient civilizations and I find the way they survive fascinating. It’s just amazing how the pyramids are still standing. When I finished the project it looked like the real pyramid.

What was something new or interesting you learnt this year?

That there was a civilization called Mayans. I also learned that Canada has physical regions. My favourite Canadian region is the Canadian Shield because I live in it. I also like the West Cordillera because there are some nice hiking trails where I have gone camping with my dad. The interesting part was learning about the Mayans. To sum it up it all was enjoyable and interesting.

Did you enjoy the historical side or the Geographical side? Why?

I enjoyed both, they were both so fun. The historical part was amazing because I find the ways old civilizations survive so interesting. I like learning about the past. The geographical part was informative and enjoyable. I really enjoyed building my model of the Canadian Shield. 

What do you hope to learn about in social studies in Grade 5? I hope to learn about ancient Greece and the Roman emperors. I have read a lot of fiction with Greek mythology but I would like to know what it all actually is about. Also I would like to learn about the different cultures around the world. I also would want to do stuff that has crafts. To sum it up, I just want to learn!!

One thought on “social studies