Greek gods blog

In this blog, I am giving information about greek mythology. My favourite greek god is Poseidon because he is the god of the sea and he has a cool trident. Poseidon has the ability to breathe under the water without oxygen tanks that could be handy. Different gods include Zeus,Hades,Apollo,Athena,Hestia,and Artemis. Greek mythology is fun to learn. You will learn more about the twelve Olympians. 

Greek Mythology is the gods, goddesses, heroes, and rituals of Ancient Greeks. The most popular Greek Mythology figures include Greek Gods like Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades, Greek Goddesses like Aphrodite, Athena, and Titans like Kronos and atlas. My favourite greek god is Poseidon.

Another myth of Poseidon is, of course, him making earthquakes, floods, and tidal waves. It is said he did this by striking the ground of Mount Olympus with his trident. This would cause the earth to shake and the huge waves cause floods. Poseidon’s trident was also used to shatter many objects. He would shatter things when he would get angry or upset.

Poseidon was the god of seas, so sailors relied on him. The sailors and sea-goers relied on Poseidon for a safe and smooth voyage. If Poseidon got angry or upset he could make huge tidal waves. These waves then could cause shipwrecks and deaths. Many sailors drowned their horses to honour Poseidon. This was a huge deal because horses were prized possessions. They thought if they did this Poseidon would give them a nice and safe voyage.

Thank you for listening. I hope you learned some new things about greek mythology.

p.s.there is so much more to learn

9 thoughts on “Greek gods blog

1. Hi Jeremy, I like your blog. where did you get all this info? I learned a lot about Greek gods. thank you!!
    oh and Poseidon is my favourite Greek god.

2. Hi Jeremy,

I liked reading this post about greek mythology. Poisedon is very cool. The ability to breathe under water without oxygen tanks would be very handy. It sounds like you enjoy reading the Percy Jackson series. My son loved reading those book too! Which book in the series is your favourite so far? I hope you write another post soon.

Keep on blogging. 🙂
    Mrs. Bennett